Entrapment ?

observer

I think entrapment is supposed to be illegal in the UK these days ,but a Sunday paper used to do it regularly "to get to the truth". I think they even had a dodgy Arab called Sheik Yer Money involved in catching errant ministers & businessmen.

Isn't it only illegal...or inadmissible evidence when the Police do it. In the case in question, the England manager was being paid £3million pa plus bonuses...which he clearly thought was insufficient and needed to do some "moonlighting".....understand that he might have been given a £1million payoff by the FA.....I sense it was his criticism of his employer and mocking a previous England manager that meant he had to "resign"....not making money "on the side". Guess HMRC might be scrutinising what has been going on.  

I find it all rather pathetic really and the greed and level pay of these 'footy' people makes my blood boil.

There are surgeons performing extremely complex and life saving/changing operations who don't earn a fraction on what these people do for just one example.

As for Averice's 'entrapment ' yes entrapment is illegal and inadmissible in court (maybe in some cases it shouldn't be though) and yes he has lost his 'dream job' which if I'm right

would have paid him around £3 million a year but he's clearly done wrong...so why the bloody hell did he get a £1 million(ish) payout to leave.

Whole different world to what the rest of us live in eh?

• 5 months later...