Expert advice !

observer

Seems the professionals in the US State Dept are petitioning  President Obama to start bombing Assad forces; thus taking us well on the way to WW3;  and we're worried about a Trump Presidency !    8)

Stupid post again.  Bombing Assad will lead to WW3?  Really oH prophetic one?  How will that come to pass?

Ah yes Russia,  I remember Turkey blowing a Russian aircraft out of the sky for violation of its airspace,  nothing happened despite chicken little running round claiming we were all doomed.  Tell me, how many times have you claimed that something is going to lead to WW3 and how many WW3's have we had?  Assad is a butcher, mass murderer and will hopefully get what he deserves.

So clueless folk like you want to bring it on, and shift even more migrants our way - what an inheritance the myopic liberals are leaving.   8)

are you completely obsessed with migrants?  Do you imagine that bombing Assad, who is bombing his own people and creating the mass exodus from Syria, will somehow increase the diaspora, and you use the word clueless to describe others.  

p.s.  how many of the millions of Syrian refugees have we accepted to date?

are you completely blind? The war in Syria is generating some, not all, of this migration, so an end to the war is essential to a return to normality; which certainly won't happen until ISIL is eliminated, or by strengthening a rebellion; and definitely won't be helped by a super-power confrontation.   :rolleyes:

are you completely blind? The war in Syria is generating some, not all, of this migration, so an end to the war is essential to a return to normality; which certainly won't happen until ISIL is eliminated, or by strengthening a rebellion; and definitely won't be helped by a super-power confrontation.   :rolleyes:

Are you thick, the war in Syria has generated over 9 million refugees fleeing their homes to escape bombing and shootings.  

Precisely the reason to end it asap: and the only way to do that, is to co-operate with Assad to restore some semblance of stability. As we've seen throughout the M/East, the loss of evil Dictators has merely given way to the greater evil of anarchy and the rise of Islamic fundamentalism, affecting us all.   8)

Precisely the reason to end it asap: and the only way to do that, is to co-operate with Assad to restore some semblance of stability. As we've seen throughout the M/East, the loss of evil Dictators has merely given way to the greater evil of anarchy and the rise of Islamic fundamentalism, affecting us all.   8)

Ah right so help Assad kill millions of Syrian people so that you can feel a little safer in your bed, tell me, how many foreign Islamist fundamentalists have attacked Britain ?

he isn't attacking fundamentalists, he is barrel bombing cities, blockading and starving his own people and killing, with Russian aid the very people fighting ISIS.  and causing millions of refugees to flee Syria.

He's fighting ISIL too; the objective being to restore order;  and in order to do that, his enemies have to be defeated or by some miracle brought to the peace table.   Bliar got us into this mess in the first place, with the naïve notion that  nations with no culture of democracy, but with histories of theocratic intolerance; would suddenly adopt liberal democracy once their Dictators were disposed of.   Clearly not the case; which has merely reinforced the cold-war cynicism of supporting evil Dictators as a matter of expediency over the greater evil of naïve morality, as expounded by luvvie liberals.   8)

So Blair started the war in Syria?  Assad is killing , with Russian help, the very forces who were standing against ISIS.  Cosying up to murderous dictators may be something you are comfortable with but most rational folk aren't.

No, Bliar supported by a large number of Labour MPs sanctioned an invasion of Iraq, in the naïve belief that this would produce a liberal democracy, and based on a lie about WMDs (wait for Chilcott).   Unfortunately, the knock on effect throughout the Arab world was "the Arab Spring", and the toppling of Dictators, however in Syria the Dictator wasn't toppled - hence the civil war.   As I've said, political expediency in order to preserve stability may not be in your Wendy House manifesto, but it worked and the alternative is the chaos we now have.      8)

Ah yes Russia,  I remember Turkey blowing a Russian aircraft out of the sky for violation of its airspace,  nothing happened despite chicken little running round claiming we were all doomed.  Tell me, how many times have you claimed that something is going to lead to WW3 and how many WW3's have we had?  Assad is a butcher, mass murderer and will hopefully get what he deserves.

That is true......but Russia probably has a long memory....and I would suggest holds grudges. With regards to the title of the topic, I often wonder with so much "expert advice" doing the rounds, why the world seems to be in such a mess.....of course maybe throughout history it has always been in one sort of mess or another, it is just now, with the array of communications and wall to wall news programmes, we get to see the extent of the mess. That being said, if and when I get to sit in a deckchair on a sandy beach, with the sun shining...no computers, TV or radio.....or mobile phones, the world doesn't seem so bad.

PS With regards to Assad, history suggests that eventually such people do get what they deserve...and often when they are no longer of use or benefit to the powers who are keeping them in power.

• Upvote 1

Didn't say that, no more than Egypt, Libya et al are Iraq; but all were swept up in "the Arab Spring", I'll leave you to misinterpret history. 8)

All Middle Eastern states with stable (if thuggish) governments, governments with an unfortunate hankering for trading oil in other currencies than the Dollar.

Happily for the Dollar, the dictatorships have all been replaced by beardy weirdies who don't give a toss about the international petrocurrency as long as everybody sticks their backsides in the air five times a day.