Lymm Local History Walks

Joe

As usual, during the Lymm Festival, I'm leading two Local History Walks around Lymm. Find out what the Butler did !!! see the Ice House, did Jack the Ripper visit Lymm and much more.

Sunday 19th at 1-30pm and Wednesday 22nd June at 6-30pm. each walk lasts approx two and a half hours and is not strenuous Cost is £4 which includes refreshments, All proceeds go to Cancer Research

For more info and ticket details go to http://www.lymmfestival.org.uk/event/guided-history-walk/ or http://www.lymmfestival.org.uk/event/guided-local-history-walk/ or e-mail lymmhistory@lineone.net

• Upvote 1

Hi Gary, anyone can come along as long as they pay the money :P its all going to a good cause. I can arrange it with anyone who doesn't do t'internet, give me a ring on 754651 right up to half an hour before the start times

Sounds good fun :D  I wont know until the actual day(s) if I can go though so can you bump this topic the day before Joe so I remember it's on as I have a memory like a sieve at the moment.  Thanks :D

Surely you have outlook which can pop up a diary event reminder or something on your phone which can do similar? :blink:

Silly me...I've never bothered to look what apps are on my phone and yes there's a calendar with reminder settings.  I have only had it about 6 months though :lol::oops::lol: 

I have added myself some reminders for the day before.....all I'll have to do now is remember to have my phone with me all the time so I don't miss them  :lol:

I do use Outlook for my emails but just had a look and can't see any calendar type facility in there.  Where is it ?

• 2 weeks later...

Completed my second walk tonight, must confess got carried away a little !! gone 10pm when we all returned for a welcome cuppa and biscuits. Everyone seemed to enjoy it, judging by the comments.Most importantly the two walks raised £250 + for Cancer Research, thanks one and all

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I believe there are plans for an Aldi & other commercial property in Westbrook too.

There is... I had something through the letterbox the other day. It is where the red bridge crosses Cromwell ave and I think there is an Aldi (or a Lidl) plus other retail units plus parking for 110 & odd cars