Railway St in Warrington

Milky

Rather then keep posting in local I thought I ask here

Where were the railway stations in Warrington that no longer exist, I am guessing Latchford had a station and so did Stockton Heath, what about grapenhall and orford?

Anyone know?

This isn't going to help your query I'm afraid.   Probably cause more of a mystery. Over the years I've kept having a memory of a railway station with a funny name which I think must have been around Grappenhall or Lymm.   Anyone any idea what it might have been?   I don't think it was any of the ones on Wikipedia.

Stockton Heath never had a railway station.  Latchford did though which like Algy says served Grappenhall.

Re the one with the weird name you remember Pommie...could it have been Heatley Station that was over the other side of Lymm up the road from where the Salt Works was?

Hello Pommie Lass,

Thelwall Station was on Stockport Road and Heatley Station was on Mill Lane, so nothing 'funny' about those names.  Lymm's station was on Whitbarrow Road.  If you are thinking back to childhood, could it be that the word 'Whitbarrow' sounded unusual, perhaps funny?  Where were you living - would you have walked as far as Lymm?