Warrington Poll for EU Referendum

IanW

Why? Well, you pointed out the obvious anomaly yourself.  Such a poll has absolutely no meaning if the only people filling it in are all Pro-Brexit.

If you can point me in the direction of an EU Referendum forum that has a random mix of Eurosceptic/Europhile members, great.

observer, I agree.  However, there is still a long way to go in this debate.  Unfortunately, the Remain side have been dictating the agenda so far, and are focusing on Trade/Economy aspects, which is the safest area for them.

The Leave side will soon be shifting the discussion towards Democracy, Sovereignty, TTIP, Immigration, CAP/CFP.

I'm patiently waiting to hear just a single Remain person extol the virtues of us becoming part of a United States of Europe.  That is the bottom line, and once the British people realise the final destination, the Leave side should build up a bit of a lead.

Unfortunately Ian, public opinion, assuming it is well informed, is still extremely fickle at the best of times and you still get some saying " I don't know enough about it" or "I just want the facts". This is quite amazing when you consider we have a history and a present full of "facts" exposing the corrupt, incompetent and expansionist nature of the EU. The future is a different matter and both sides can speculate. But putting it this way, if you were buying a car, and discovered it had a history riddled with faults - would you buy it?   Those old enough to remember the last EU referendum, will know that we were lied to by Harold Wilson & Co, being told that we were entering a "Common Market", when all along it's architects were planning a political and financial Union, supplanting any semblance of National sovereignty;  this was recognised by people like Tony Benn at the time. And now we're seeing history trying to repeat itself.   :wink:  

• Upvote 2

I've posted it on all the local FB community groups/pages (where permitted).  Off the top of my head... Chapelford, Stockton Heath, Bewsey, Dallam, Lymm, Kingswood, Westbrook, Great Sankey, Penketh....  there may be a few others, and I'm still waiting for permission on some.

I was put off clicking my poll answer on the above link and those via shares or other places as when I click it it shows random adverts and it doesn't say who's created it or who wants to know, nor does it give any clue about what data the poll site may save from my 'vote click'.

Any idea ?  ...... and sorry just call me paranoid :oops: