Something for the culture vultures!!!

Gary

I have just added the following comment to the Facebook group 'Warrington Cavaillé-Coll Organ'

https://www.facebook.com/groups/660405240701596/

'The Editor of Warrington Worldwide, Gary Skentelbery, has given us some excellent publicity for the next recital on the Cavaillé-Coll Organ in the Parr Hall.

It is encouraging to see this, which also features as 'Something for the Culture Vultures !!!' on his Warrington Worldwide forum

http://forum.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/index.php…

Thank you very much for this Gary.'

That's just what we needed, and is very much appreciated.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am pleased to say that I have been in contact with Jonathan Kingston, and he has given me the following information -
ORGAN CONCERT
Cavaillé-Coll Organ, Parr Hall, Warrington, Cheshire, England.
Monday 26th October, 2015 at 7:30pm
Jonathan Kingston
PROGRAMME:
Jeu (from Premier Suite) - Pierre duMage
Praeludium in E minor - Nicolaus Bruhns
Handel in the Strand - Percy Grainger
Sicilienne - Maria Theresia Von Paradis
Concerto in G major BWV 592 - J S Bach/Ernst
Final Symphonie no. 4 in F Minor - Charles-Marie Widor
INTERVAL
Overture to the Occasional Oratorio - George Frederik Handel
Fantasia Super – Kom Heiliger Geist BWV 651 - J S Bach
Suite from Henry V - William Walton
(March, The Death of Falstaff, Touch her soft lips, March)
Andante in E minor - Joseph Hector Fiocco
Offertoire sur les Grand Jeu - Couperin
Carillon Sortie - Henri Mulet

Jonathan Kingston studied the organ with Professor Ian Tracey and Ian Wells of Liverpool's Anglican Cathedral. He was appointed Organ Scholar, and subsequently Sub-Organist to Bradford Cathedral before full-time appointments at Stowe School and Bromsgrove School. A recording artist on both the Naxos and Priory labels, Jonathan has broadcasted as soloist live on BBC TV and Radio. He has been fortunate to give recitals in many Cathedrals and churches in this country and abroad, and appeared with several orchestras including The Halle, Royal Liverpool Philharmonic, London Symphony Orchestra and English Symphony Orchestra. Jonathan currently combines a career as a freelance performer, teacher, consultant, and International and UK examiner for the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM).
This season's work includes a DVD recording for Viscount Organs and recitals at Leeds Town Hall, Stowe School, Blenheim Palace and Liverpool Cathedral. He has just appeared as soloist in Poulenc’s mighty Organ Concerto. Adjudications at The John Lyon School, Harrow and City of London School have recently taken place and Jonathan adjudicated the piano class at the Abingdon Music Festival last May. He has recently collaborated with John Rutter for a London singing day organised by the Royal School of Church Music and is Associate Director of Music at Our Lady’s Piccadilly London as well as Director of Music at the King’s School in Ely and a deputy organist at Ely Cathedral.

I have just added the following comment to the Facebook group 'Warrington Cavaillé-Coll Organ'

https://www.facebook.com/groups/660405240701596/

'The Editor of Warrington Worldwide, Gary Skentelbery, has given us some excellent publicity for the next recital on the Cavaillé-Coll Organ in the Parr Hall.

It is encouraging to see this, which also features as 'Something for the Culture Vultures !!!' on his Warrington Worldwide forum

http://forum.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/index.php…

Thank you very much for this Gary.'

That's just what we needed, and is very much appreciated.

Always happy to promote all the good things going on in Warrington - even  if the LiveWire ACDC tribute was a little more my cup of tea :wink: