RL Cup Final

Robbo

One of the most boring , one sided cup finals ever in front of what looked like a half empty stadium.

Rugby League is booming !!!!!!!

80,140, if you are trying to ridicule the sport at least try to deal in facts. Your first two points are possibly valid but your third is poor.  Half empty?

80,140, if you are trying to ridicule the sport at least try to deal in facts. Your first two points are possibly valid but your third is poor.  Half empty?

Still well under capacity - the sport is sadly in decline for many reasons - none more so than constantly tinkering with the rules and format!

Every minute matters - my @!!!!!!!

Well my first point is that it doesn't need me to ridicule the sport because it's doing a grand job by itself.

Secondly, when I posted I wasn't even aware of the official attendance, I merely said that it looked to me like a half empty stadium.

I am still surprised at the official attendance because the middle and top tiers seemed to have loads of empty seats.

But Gary is right the constant tinkering is a joke. 

Hopefully, the reinstatement of A teams will go some way to reviving the game as a quality spectacle by getting a broader player base established again.The idea of under 19s straight to open age superleague is a failed exercise which has resulted in a diminished player base through all divisions .

The red empty seats are for the members who obviously don't want to watch RL,  The fact that Wire are dire isn't a reason for slagging off the sport, despite its obvious faults it is still the greatest game.

Personally I couldn't care less if Wire are dire or not. As for being the greatest game well that's open to debate. The game itself is superb, the management is crap. The game has gone from 1 up 1 down to 2 up 2 down, from 1 league to god knows how many, to a team in London that's changed its name too many times to mention, and now we have the Super 8's where  Leigh who I believe haven't lost a game and who should get automatic promotion, having to battle it out with the likes of Wakefield, Widnes and Salford who suddenly start buying players simply to compete in the play offs.