A burning issue...?

Davy51

It seems that local authorities are now trying to blame the soaring cost of cremations on green taxes linked to chimney emmission issues. I find that very hard to swallow considering a wooden box & a human body must be among the most eco friendly recyclables. The increase i could understand is that government payments to local authorities have decreased over the years....even staff wages shouldn't influence extra costs seeing as they would be getting paid anyway & i don't think local government staff have had a wage increase to speak of for a good few years.

Just bought a pre-paid cremation package from a local funeral place, it includes all notices and a funeral home service etc. - $2000, that's about 1400 Pounds. Is that comparable? Still hoping that I never have to use it !!!!

Sounds like a great deal Stallard - keep it safe! :wink:

It seems that local authorities are now trying to blame the soaring cost of cremations on green taxes linked to chimney emmission issues. I find that very hard to swallow considering a wooden box & a human body must be among the most eco friendly recyclables.

The issue is Mercury from dental work. They now have to ensure that it isn't emitted in the smoke.

It seems that local authorities are now trying to blame the soaring cost of cremations on green taxes linked to chimney emmission issues. I find that very hard to swallow considering a wooden box & a human body must be among the most eco friendly recyclables.

The issue is Mercury from dental work. They now have to ensure that it isn't emitted in the smoke.

Why is that a issue?  Surely all they have to do is get someone to pull any filled teeth out.  It's not like they would have to be dental trained or learn how to use anesthetic....just a pair of dental pliers and a tug...sorted.

Do dead people still bleed by the way.  Sorry but I sometimes get strange questions going around in my head when I read things :oops:  :lol: 

Also given that a majority of the "customers" will be elderly and probably have false teeth anyway makes it even easier to remove ................

Please do not mention false teeth or the removal of them again Evils or I may have no alternative other than to ban you !!!! 

A few years ago, WBC spent a fortune with a German company to install new ovens at Walton (Ironically the Germans make the best cremation ovens) the ones installed were the greenest and most efficient available so unless WBC are seeking to recoup the cost, the funerals here should be going down in price rather then up

• Upvote 2