Don't try and stop anyone from travelling to Syria to join ISIS

algy

We should not be attempting to prevent any person, family or group from travelling to Syria to join this evil band of scum, what we should be doing is making sure we withdraw their citizenship from them and ensure they never return here. :angry:

• Upvote 3

It amazes me that news reports talk about "fear for the safety" of these people who are willingly travelling to a war zone. Even more amazing that the government and police are being castigated for not stopping them. Last time I checked there was no law against leaving the country unless you had committed an offense here and had been ordered not to.

If people hold these sort of views and allegiances towards our enemies we should be actively encouraging them to leave and then as Algy says, revoke their citizenship and make sure they never return

Weren't Germans living in the UK locked up in camps during WW2 just in case???

All very well saying revoke their citzenship, but how do you stop them returning?

New name and false passport and hey presto they are back in this country again.

I suppose you could take a dna sample but then you would have to test evrey person coming into the country who is even  remotely similar in appearance and given that our pasport control struggles at best this would not be practical and would give the "human rights" wallers more work at our expense.

As for the camps, we were "officially" at war with germany and most of the people intered were more likely to be there for their safety rather then the country's.

That is not to say that i disagree with the above posts and would even charter a flight for those who want to go had i the money to spare. It is just the difficulties that arise in policing them.

With our sieve like borders & shambolic reputation for ejecting undesirables it will be difficult to keep returnees out. Even now there are potential great risks to security from the refugees of failed muslim states flooding into Europe....how do we tell a genuine refugee from a would be terrorist ?

There are an estimated 700 ISIS fighters from the UK, some will return in due course to a beach near you.

they should be shot on sight by our special forces.... they are traitors to the country and should be treated as such

people dissappear every day without trace, especially if you know the right people.

As for the human rights lawyers. make it so that they have to pay their own expenses and the cost of any case brought by them out of their own pocket and see how many turn up then.

• Upvote 1

Another vane hope there Sid; the HR lawyers are funded by legal aid from the tax-payer; and any stoppage would probably result in them appealing to the ECHR on behalf of all those illegal migrants that, having travelled half way round the world; lodge asylum appeals when they arrive in "the promised land".

• 3 weeks later...