Citizenship give away -

observer

Seems the Home Office are dishing out British citizenships like there's no tomorrow. Speed seems to be of the essence, such that they missed an applicant, who had admitted to a stabbing in his own country, but the fact was missed from his file. Simple answer to provide speed of decision making - a presumption against giving citizenship, followed by deportation in the absence of a visa. Guess that previous Home Secretary (labour) was right, when he said, the Home Office wasn't fit for purpose.

Not just a stabbing; he admitted to actually killing someone

Trouble is, would a re-evaluation of these cases after citizenship has been granted and any such decisions to reverse the decisions and possible deportation be in breach of their human rights?

Yet another reason to withdraw from the ECHR Treaty and the EU Baz.  Then, if they want a "right to a family life", they could have any family deported with them!  Our territorial integrity as a Nation means absolutely nothing anymore Dave; our WW2 generation that fought to defend it, must be turning in their graves. :cry:

Just did a catch up on Channel 5's Benefits Britain.... all about the benefits given to EU citizens who work here...

1. Romanian Gypsy. Came to Britain in January to get benefits (His words not mine) He is classed as self employed (He is a skip monkey and collects scrap) Doesn't pay any tax and has a wife and two kids at home in Romania. He gets benefits for the kids as well as tax credits and reckons to have received almost £10,000 since he came here. Show ended with him bringing his wife, kids and a new born baby to Britain in order to register the child with an NHS doctor in order to receive child benefit.... one week later, they are all back off home again with another little mouth for our welfare state to feed

2. Polish woman and child living in Poland but husband works in Bristol. He gets benefits for the child and also top up tax credits because he only earns £18,000 a year. The money goes back to Poland.

no wonder this country is such a magnet. Two workers and neither earning enough to pay any tax, but enough to take money out of the pot they have never contributed to. Not right..... not right at all

• Upvote 1

how do you "percieve" a third to be a quarter, unless you are a complete idiot?  How can the number 25 be the same as 33 1/3.   It makes no sense. Be honest you exaggerated for dramatic effect to sensationalise your hobby horse subject.  You were pulled up and yet you cling to the belief that your opinion is fact.

Knitting?  was that an insult back in your days?  I will keep on knitting and no doubt you will keep on doing something which rhymes and is prefixed with the word "bull" 

:lol:   If I'd said a fifth, rather than a third, which would have been less than a quarter - would you have corrected me?  I doubt it. But the point is, that fifth, quarter or third; birth rates from immigrants are disproportionately higher than the indigenous population - that's the point.