Parr Hall Organ Recital

Hill Cliffe walker

Please support the Warrington Cavaille-Coll Organ Recital at Parr Hall. Warrington on 22nd October 2014, 7.30pm. The organ is not heard in public very often, but your support may mean we can hold more recitals and encourage greater use of this wonderful instrument.

Organ Recital – Michael Wynne & Benjamin Chewter

Date(s)/Time: 22 Oct 2014, 7:30pm

Ticket Price: £5/£4.50

Music

Come hear the sounds of the Cavaille Coll played by two of the country’s finest organists

Michael Wynne is the Director of Music at St. Mary’s Priory, Warrington, and recently hosted the first northern Choral Workshop with James Macmillan. Michael studied Organ with Ian Tracey, Susan Landale, David Titterington and Patrick Russill. He regularly records with BBC radio, television and GMR.

Benjamin Chewter is the Assistant Director of Music at Chester Cathedral. He has performed extensively throughout the UK (with recent venues including Westminster Abbey, Lichfield, Coventry, Blackburn, St Albans and Gloucester Cathedrals). His debut solo disc Organ Showpieces from Chester Cathedral was launched in 2013.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's the link to the Cheshire Life article you mentioned Hill Cliffe Walker.  (Simply cut and pasted from my browser bar) :wink:

http://www.cheshirelife.co.uk/out-about/preserving_the_cavaille_coll_organ_at_parr_hall_warrington_1_3782813

I didn't realise there were still plans to sell it or move it elsewhere.  My opinion......it should stay in Warrington !!