PCSO's and Speed Cameras

Dizzy

Earlier this afternoon there was a PCSO on Gainsborough Road with a speed camera.  His police car was parked up and he was stood at the side of the road pointing the camera at the traffic and it cleary said PCSO on his jacket.

Question... have the rules changed as I always thought they weren't allowed to use speed cameras and issue speeding tickets.

Think they can use the speed cameras but maybe they can't issue tickets. After all there was a group of "civillians" given the use of a speed camera to monitor speeds on their local roads in the area. They could monitor the speeds but were not allowed to act on any driver exceeding the speed limits. Sure that was in warrington.

On a slightly unreleated note. Came back from my mums about twelvish today and almost ran into two ponies grazing on the grass verge. Nothing strange about that apart from the fact the grass verge was at the lights on bewsey road, one of them was cropping the grass over wall in the mazda dealership.

So if they use the speed camera can the real police then issue tickets from the pics they take then ?

As for the horses.... there are aren't any fields round there that I can think of so I wonder where they came from.  I hope someone reported them before they wander onto the roads and get hurt :(

Hi guys just noticed this thread.

PCSOs in Poulton North have been using their Speed Cameras for donkey's years and they have to wear their hi-viss jackets at all time. On Tuesday I was contacted by Radio Merseyside for a breakfast interview on Wednesday morning about my fly-grazing experiences at Houghton Green last year but I didn't pick the voicemail up until Wed afternoon - I rang them back and told them of my experiences and said I thought that things had gone quiet - obviously not.

PCSOs can now also issue tickets for dog fouling, litter louts and certain parking problems - well they can in my ward anyway - I wish I had those powers so that I could also tackle these issues but I can request a PCSO to do a check. When I take photos of motorists the Town Hall have received letters of complaint against me when they are in the wrong having parked on keep clear bays etc - what a strange world this is :oops:

Not really they were discussing a report just published about the subject. As part of their research they found a piece on Warrington Worldwide that Gary has written last year about my experiences with the fly-grazing horses at Houghton Green pool.  On another occasion a the a BBC researcher contacted me about the one about the alledged tree surgeon and the damage he did from another story I gave Gary last year - they were thinking of running a story about that subject. Once Gary's work gets on the internet the press pounce on it :mrgreen: I'm surprised you haven't been contacted.