Warrington TT 2014 connections photos

Geoffrey Settle

Like me hes always lived here, its just that he does a lot of his racing in the states. 

He lives at Hollins Green these days so I'm not sure if that's classed as Warrington even though its only just up the road.

I'm quite sure that he's also a friend of our local historian James.

Bill :)

Once he is back on feet and in UK we would be interested in doing a feature if he is up for it?

Here you are dizzy - Dunlop in action :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWZG1nhgwgg

Here is a lap of the course. If you watch it I mashal on sctor 12 which is after from around  the 16.08 minute mark i.e. Creg Ny Baa pub onwards down to the finish - blink and you will miss me I'm the one in the orange tabbard  :)

Well thank you kind sir and I've only managed to watch 3 minutes of it and I feel wobbly and queasy now.  I told myself at first that I was just watching a playstation game but that only worked for about 30 seconds.

Then all I could think of was advanced driving lessons or theory tests and and having to 'speak' or 'click' when you see any hazards.  One looooooong click or shout should have covered it all nicely.

I can see why people probably love doing it though but they don't stand any chance at all if they hit a wall or lamppost at those speeds.  I guess they all know that when they set off though.... or do they all think they are so good that they are invincible :|

Well thank you kind sir and I've only managed to watch 3 minutes of it and I feel wobbly and queasy now.  I told myself at first that I was just watching a playstation game but that only worked for about 30 seconds.

Then all I could think of was advanced driving lessons or theory tests and and having to 'speak' or 'click' when you see any hazards.  One looooooong click or shout should have covered it all nicely.

I can see why people probably love doing it though but they don't stand any chance at all if they hit a wall or lamppost at those speeds.  I guess they all know that when they set off though.... or do they all think they are so good that they are invincible :|

Hi Dizzy,

Yes they all know the risks - they are experienced racers and have had medicals and they love what they are doing and they believe in their ability.

When asked the question about do you worry - MIchael Dunlop said this year - no i don't if I did I wouldn't ride - he is one rider that I have seen improve and with experience take a much better line when he passes by where I marshal but htis year he had travel ride past where his brother had just crashed on the mountain road and he was very concerned about his well fare. In fact he expressed that concern during his pit stop and he was reassured that he was ok and Michael went on to win the race that his brother had been leading until the crash.

Basically it's a different mind set to you and me and it has to be that way.