BBC’s match summariser, Phil Neville

Latchford Locks

His terrible single toned commentary seemed to be read off an autocue,, it was far worse even than the game result .

If it was his first attempt at commentating then why didn't the BBC give him a trial run first?

in the word's of one twitter poster..

If I was stranded on a desert island with a tin of corned beef & The BBC's Phil Neville..

I would eat Neville & talk to the corned beef.”Emoji_1F62B.png Emoji_1F62B.png

Totally agree, it was like a commentary on a funeral.

The only good point was I understood what he said which is nigh impossible listening to Jamie Carragher.

Why don't they pick people experienced in commentary rather than ex footballers.

• Upvote 1

Totally agree, it was like a commentary on a funeral.

The only good point was I understood what he said which is nigh impossible listening to Jamie Carragher.

Why don't they pick people experienced in commentary rather than ex footballers.

Probably cheaper ?

We are talking the BBC here  :lol:

There is a great difference to what is seen and what is heard.

watched the odd game of football and the commentary made the game sound very exciting.

what was seen on screen was very boring. some guy danced round the ball for a few seconds and then kicked it to another guy behind him. he dribbled it forward a foot and then passsed it to the guy on his right who kicked it all the way back to the goal keeper. he pickied it up wiped the mud off and bounced it three times before throwing it back to the guy who kicked it to him in the first place. he stopped it with his chest dribbled it a foot and then kicked it back to the goal keeper. the goal keeper kicked it as hard as he could towards the opposition goal and their goal keeper pickid it up bounced it twice and threw it to one of his guys, etc etc.

In this article it stated....

The BBC said Neville, who is understood to have been hired by Head of TV Sport Philip Bernie, had been given training before he was allowed on air.

Why hire an untrained and untested person to commentate on one of the biggest games for years ?

It is incredulous !!!!

The beeb need to look at their management selection policies as it is very odd to say the least.

( biggest mess up since Mick Fleetwood and Sam Fox did the NME Awards )   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Anyone is better then the ITV's favourite pair, Tyldesley & Townsend.

I couldn't agree more, they are the worst of a bad bunch. I watch with the sound turned down so there's just a background of crowd noise. They could all take lessons from watching old games with Kenneth Wolstenholme (They think it's all over) commentating. Commentators today just churn out reams and reams of statistics and anecdotes, most of which have no bearing on the game at hand. Imagine if they were sat in the stands amongst there supporters churning out their ill informed rubbish, it wouldn't be long before someone took action to silence them!!