Kingsway Tyre Wall

Geoffrey Settle

Geoff.... why isn't your bloody council making this moron take these tyres away without delay? It is an eyesore, has no planning permission and apart from being highly distracting to motorists on a busy junction, is allowing a cab firm (which is licensed by your council) to advertise on there.

You lot should be making it absolutely crystal clear that if ABBA do not take down their advert that their taxi license will NOT be renewed....

Talk about feet dragging....

• Upvote 1

Not sure how much I can say in case a planning application comes forward and I wouldn't want to compromise my voting rights.

As far as I am aware no planning application has been made and what he is doing on behind the tyre wall may or may not be permissible under UK Planning Law. I am still angry about the Rixton Clay Pigeon decision and the loop hole that they found in the law and a for how the government is trying to change the law is another big issue.

All that can be done is being done and the progress of this 'development' is being closely monitored as you know but it has to be monitoerd under planning laws.

I have placed more pics on the Warrington Nature Conservation Forum https://www.facebook.com/pages/Warrington-Nature-Conservation-Forum/110886079024465#!/media/set/?set=a.532552440191158.1073741916.110886079024465&type=1

where I welcome constructive comments especially from local residents - my advice is if you have a view about what is going on please write to the planning department and express them. In addition contact you local councillors from Fairfield and Howley and Latchford West.

In addition to this tyre wall work on the opposite side of the channel behind and at the side of the Ambulance Station is the start of preparations for phase 2 of the Warrington Flood Defense where I belive a wall is to be constructed to protect the power station and new houses.

Hope this helps.

He's even moved his caravan on-site

DSCF0149_zpsa5e0f4a4.jpg

I'm totally confused now. How can people object if the only person that knows whats going on can't tell us anything?

Bill :)

Hi Bill just write into the Council and say that for example - you don't approve of the advertising and you don't like what is going on behind the wall, destuction of the natural habitat etc... or may be others reasons and comments - quite often inspectors will argue that as no one said anything then there can't be a problem - please as you do on here express yourself :mrgreen:

I realise that you are probably in a bit of an awkward situation being on the planning descision makers board Geoff..... but it must sort of make your job as an elected councillor for a particular area or for any other area issues almost redundant and impossible to do if you can never discuss things or pass on info etc etc.  Surely that's is what councillors are for ie they have access o more info, are the first port of call and go between to help sort and advise on issues when residents raise them. 

Saying 'phone the council' is a nonsense comment in my opinion as people can do that without the need for any elected councillors.... although they would/will probably get fobbed of and not be told the full story anyway.

Just saying like and no offence intended..............

Who are the councillors for Fairfield and Howley and Latchford West ?   Do they know what's going on too ?

Ok I can offer advice but I can't offer an opinion about a planning application, i.e. If I do say I'm for or against then I have to step down from the committee for that application. In a similar way if I have any interest in an application or say an association (family/friend/business colleague) with the applicant then I must declare an interest and the  chair will decide if I can stay on the committee for the application.

When I step down I can speak either for or against an application but I lose the right to vote. 

It only applies to members on the planning committee.

It was my decision to volunteer to go on the planning committee and I don't find it a problem but I know many people do.

The picture  of the site shows a tipper wagon, presumably having dropped it's load ???  I've noticed two other mystery sites one of which was designated as  "fishing/ recreational" on the planning application. One 5 acre site is on Aintree Lane Liverpool, the developer seemingly had no intention of fulfilling the planning application and instead was charging £200  a load to dump waste building material. It was going on non-stop all last Summer and is now looks like the Alps.  I suspect the same activity is going on at a site nearer Warrington on the A57 toward Bold Heath. Trucks are continually entering a field  and dumping soil and other spoil. Travelling  passed the entrance you get a glimpse of the eyesore that looks similar to site mentioned previously in Aintree.

Ok I can offer advice but I can't offer an opinion about a planning application, i.e. If I do say I'm for or against then I have to step down from the committee for that application. In a similar way if I have any interest in an application or say an association (family/friend/business colleague) with the applicant then I must declare an interest and the  chair will decide if I can stay on the committee for the application.

When I step down I can speak either for or against an application but I lose the right to vote. 

It only applies to members on the planning committee.

It was my decision to volunteer to go on the planning committee and I don't find it a problem but I know many people do.

Fair enough Geoff and I understand that :D 

However, in your earlier post you said as far 'as I am aware no planning application has been made'   so if that is the case then surely there is nothing to stop you posting any information in general conversation about what is going on there at the moment and why that you may be currently aware of or heard via the higher grapevines.  Surely it;s only like telling someone who might ring up and ask.

You could always start your post 'Allegidely... I am lead to believe..... '  or just blame it on Archie :lol::P

Geoff.

Why on earth would I want to write to the council to complain about something I know nothing about? By all accounts you seem to be the only person here that knows whats going on and you're still not telling us anything.

Bill :)

.... and could that "soil" be contaminated soil from elsewhere - perhaps Geoff and Co need to get a grip.?

I agree Obs and from what I read earlier they definately need to check it out if they haven't done so already. 

The soil is apparently being brought in down Howley Lane and the lorries are getting it from the big pile of unscreened soil just up the road where the houses are being built (allegedly of course).

Photo's and info here ...........

https://www.facebook.com/groups/warringtonmemories/permalink/646006152125955/

Could the Freedom of Information Act be used for cases like this ?

Or you could just go and ask the chap- if he's not around there is someone hanging around or maybe living in the caravan, or the guy marshalling the dump - next time I'm in the neighbourhood I will ask they can only tell me to get stuffed or may be bury me.  :)