A town to be proud of?

wolfie

2 arrests!! Hardly a crime spree is it. And thats 2 arrests out of a total of 51 across the county, which shows the article up for the load of tosh it is. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the pictures they used are from stock from the last time they ran this story.

I agree with you Asp!!!!

Totally unbalanced reporting on this town - and investigations are ongoing and I will report the facts as soon as I have all the information - but it would appear one arm of the council actively worked alongside the police on this - unaware the operation was code name "Totally wasted!"

Unsurprisingly the images are produced by an agency in the business of selling a story!

Is the Mail now in the same stable as the Sun or is it trying to compete for their readers ?  Bring back the Daily Sport for hyper sensationalism  , i say !

Last week the drunken escapades were all being reported from Northampton  &  the media could substitute any town for any week  of the year & show us the same scenes .

Thought being "drunk and disorderly" was still an arrestable offence? I would think anyone who becomes so drunk as to present a danger to themselves as well as others; would best be restrained overnight in a cell, until they sober up in the morning, when they can be released for a small fee to cover costs. This would take some pressure off the Police and A&Es, and also from the public purse. It's called common sense Kije!

• Upvote 1

I think maybe a real problem is the cheap booze consumed before the party animals hit the streets & the bottles stashed in the handbags of the Primark Princesses which are allowing drinking to excess . Couple that to a ready supply of drugs & it must be a nightmare for any police force just to keep a lid on late night matters without having to cope with actually arresting people, especially with police budget cuts.

2 arrests!! Hardly a crime spree is it. And thats 2 arrests out of a total of 51 across the county, which shows the article up for the load of tosh it is. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the pictures they used are from stock from the last time they ran this story.

That is because only 2 police officers were on duty!

Seriously I am surprised how few police personal are deployed at night and most people who commit crime just get moved on, the holding cells soon get full too. I will add  it is what I have witnessed not experienced

I do not go into town at night anymore, go into places like Stockton Heath now, its free to park at night too :P

That is because only 2 police officers were on duty!

Seriously I am surprised how few police personal are deployed at night and most people who commit crime just get moved on, the holding cells soon get full too. I will add  it is what I have witnessed not experienced

I do not go into town at night anymore, go into places like Stockton Heath now, its free to park at night too :P

I walk into Stockton Heath most weekends and often see large gangs of drunken youths staggering around and young girls lying at the roadside too drunk to walk.Most kids who drink get blitzed at a mates house before they even go out these days - educating young people in drinking on moderation should be the main focus and this needs to be done int he family home and in schools and colleges.

We all know it is going on, we all know it is a problem - there is no need to focus the spotlight on one town centre and making out that is the problem.

• Upvote 1

It has to be said that those pictures weren't posed by actors, that young ladies are indeed throwing up and passing out all over the show, and that the 'drink ten pints and nut a stranger' brigade is alive and well.

There was a similar article in the papers about 2 years ago, true, but in my opinion that smacks of lazy reporting rather than a vendetta against the town.

The fact is, nowts changed in two years...